Wednesday, December 12, 2007

LOOK OUT VEGAS.....HERE WE COME!!!!!

WOW....what a last couple of weeks. So much has gone on.

Spent our anniversary weekend in Portland. Did a little shopping the first night and had a great dinner at PF Changs. Joe got the best fortune....fit perfectly. It said: You and your spouse will be happy in your life together. He made me save the paper, like I wouldn't have anyway.

Next couple of shopping days didn't go so well. You know when you just aren't in the shopping mode, well that's were I was at. Saw tons of cute things, but didn't buy a thing. Can you believe 3 big shopping malls and not ONE purchase. Hopefully this weekend goes better.

The shop, mail order company and kids have been a zoo lately. Of course that happens when the holidays approach. Got my swaps off.....a couple days late though.

Had a major storm hit last week and it just threw me all off. We were out of power for 2 days, no phone service for 3 and our town looks like a hurricane hit and dumped 1000's of tons of mud. Luckily we didn't receive too much damage. Ours mostly consisted of a calf hutch deciding to rest in the side of the pickup. Amazing what winds up to 117 miles an hour will do. There were flash floods, high winds for a full 24 hours and major outages everywhere. The friends we are going with to Vegas just got power back yesterday. That had to be the longest week of hell, running only off a generator and trying to take care of cows. Let's just say.....they're ready to get out of Dodge.

We are off tomorrow until Sunday for some shopping, eating, Rodeo, more shopping, and of course a little blackjack (my favorite) I'm not a big gambler....I'd much rather leave my money at a cute boutique somewhere. Rodeo week is the highlight of the trip. We have tickets for finals night. Should be a blast!!!! Daughter, Christina, is mad she can't go. She loves everything COWBOY!!!!!!!!! Maybe she'll get to go next year when she turns 21. We are off with 2 other couples. We get to stay in there condo off the strip so we won't have to deal with all the noise if we don't want too. I'm taking extra bags so let's hope this trip is better than the last shopping trip. With less than 2 weeks until Christmas, I better get busy.

The girls just finished finals week at the college. So excited they got an "A" in Math 111. They were a little worried about that class. I think everyone is looking forward to Christmas break.

I'll post when we get back and let you know how things went. Hopefully my bags, belly and wallet will be full.

Have a great weekend!!
xoxo
Lonnie

No comments: